Translate

Monday, September 19, 2016

Dental Assistant

Duties and responsibility: Dental assistants prepare the patient for examination and treatment and work chair-side as dentists examine and treat patients. After the patients is gone they sterilize and disinfect the instruments and equipment. Some assistants also take dental x-rays, as directed by the dentist. 

Salary: $34.500

Education: To become a dental assistant you must first complete a state board approved Registered Dental Assistant program or 15 months of dental assistant work experience. In addition they also require a course in basic life support approved by the ARC or AHA. 

Demand: Dental assistant jobs are projected to grow by 18 percent in the next ten years.

As I am researching careers to see what I would like to become i came across a dental assistant. I looked more into the profession but so far I do not think I will become one. I guess I just dont want to work with teeth for the rest of my life.