Translate

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Senior Care Technician

Image result for senior care technician
Duties and responsibilities: They aid doctors, nurses and other medical professionals by looking out for patients and taking notes on their care. Some help monitor food, clothing, and help them bathe. In addition some will be required to monitor blood pressure and heart rate as well as temperature. With all that they also help promote good health to the patients.


Salary: $25,710


Education: To become one you require a certificate in nursing assisting, some may require on-the-job training. It does not require much to become a care technician.


Demand: It is projected that since 2014 the need for nursing assistants will increase a whopping 18 percent as of 2024, which is higher than average.

The reason I chose to research this career pathway was because I am going to take health courses that will lead me to possibly become this. I do find it interesting but I am not dead set on this career. I am interested in other careers but I do see this career as a viable option.