Translate

Monday, March 13, 2017

Ophthalmologist

Image result for ophthalmologistDuties and responsibilities: Ophthalmologists are a specific kind of doctor who treat illnesses, diseases and conditions that affect the eye. An ophthalmologist also perform eye surgery and treats eye diseases or injuries. In addition they also use therapeutic procedures and carry out biopsies.Ophthalmologists also examine eyes and prescribe contact lenses and glasses.


Salary:  $197,700


Education: To begin with you require a 4 year bachelor’s degree, then you need to complete four years of medical school in addition to a 3 to 8 year internships and residencies. Ophthalmologists must have strong physics and math skills as well as good management and administrative skills.


Demand: From 2014 to 2024, for all physician and surgeon jobs, is is expected to have an increased demand by about 14%.

I don't think I want to pursue the career of a ophthalmologist because I wouldn't want to be working with yes for my whole life. It takes a very long time to become one and I don't think I'm willing to spend that much time to do something I don't love doing.