Translate

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Health Sciences Librarian

Duties and responsibilities: These medical librarians gather medical information from databases and reference sources they research. They provide assistance in locating medical information. Clinical trials, medical treatments or procedures as well as other information that applies to the medical field.  

Salary: $56,800

Education: To become one you need a four year 
bachelor's degree. As well as courses in science and computer science. 

Demand: Their skills are demanded by private companies, public agencies and medical researchers. Although they are needed they are already quite a few and through the next eight years in is projected that their jobs will only increase by 2 percent. 

After researching this profession I do not believe I would become one. Although it is simple to become one just a few years of school I do not see myself becoming one. I do not think I want to be sitting in front of a computer the rest of my life.