Translate

Friday, April 7, 2017

Optometrist

Image result for optometristDuties and responsibilities: Optometrists are responsible for examining patients, diagnosing eye and vision problems, and testing a patient's’ ability to see color, coordinate and focus their eyes.


Salary: $103,900


Education: To become a optometrist one first need to complete a 4 year optometry program and have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field like biology, chemistry, or physiology. Plus you also need good management and business skills, plus ability to multitask and delegate.


Demand: The job outlook for an optometrist is actually growing quite faster than average with a growth percent of 27%.  

I do not think I will become an optometrist simply because I do not find it that interesting. Yes, some may disagree and want to pursue this career but I do not think this is right for me.